Bumble Bee Goby not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krissssssy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got 2 Bumble Bee Gobys to add to my established community tank. I did a bit of research before and found out it can be a bit of a chore to feed them.
I've been feeding them frozen bloodworms which one will happily eat (even if I have to use tweezers and put the food right in front of him) but the other will eat it and then spit it straight out.
Has anyone had any experience with these little ones and know of another food they love? My fish shop doesn't really stock anything other than bloodworm and flake so I think I'll have to order something but not sure what would be best.

Aside from the above problem, they are definitely my favourite fish in my tank now! They have cute little characters and I'm very happy I got them.

Try feeding him algae wafers?

Or try live brine shrimp, it may spike his interest!

Do you have a current flowing on the bottom of your tank? Maybe make the blood worms more appetizing (lively)

I have some bottom feeders and some bristlenose pelcos so I break up a some wafer and I drop them in right past the gobys and they have no interest :(
The rest of the fish eat the bloodworms before they get to the bottom so I don't think the bottom current would do much except stir up poo!
How big are the brine shrimp? I'll have to check if I can get them live.

I have some bottom feeders and some bristlenose pelcos so I break up a some wafer and I drop them in right past the gobys and they have no interest :(
The rest of the fish eat the bloodworms before they get to the bottom so I don't think the bottom current would do much except stir up poo!
How big are the brine shrimp? I'll have to check if I can get them live.

I just started a batch last night.

ForumRunner_20130919_064624.jpg

ForumRunner_20130919_064737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom