bumblebee goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are wonderful and do best in a species only tank and can do well in a peaceful BW tank.
When I had 6 in the QT tank, I supplied them with marine shells and they defended them. Since adding them to the 29 gal brackish community tank (3 flounders and 6 Celebes Rainbows), they ignore their shells and have taken up residence in various areas of the tank. They are slow eaters. I had 4 Mollies in there, hoping for fry so the bb gobies would have live food, but the Mollies ate everything in site, leaving nothing for the gobies or flounders. The Celebes are great since they don't go to the bottom of the tank to eat and add a flash of color. The gobies have the entire middle and lower part of the tank.

Darn....I dont have a brackish tank yet.....when my baby mollies grow up, I'll use their tank as a brackish tank. I felt sorry for it in a little tank by itself.....so I bought it. Would it be ok in a FW tank?

I used to have three in a FW community tank. I believe the lack of salt and the fact they were outcompeted for food, shortened their lives drastically.

No they won't be ok in FW, BB gobies are one of those that NEED BW just to stay alive. It's possible that they may give you some problems feeding them as well, bb gobies tend to only go after live foods or striclty frozen foods. No flakes or pellets for these guys.

.....I guess I will have my friend, who has a BW tank, take care of him until I find homes for the molly babies.....

Back
Top Bottom