Can the Reticulated Flying Fox be kept alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redstar7t

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I had some questions about the Silver Flying Fox (Crossocheilus Reticulatus).

My first question is would these fish be okay by themselves? I know that regular Flying Foxes can be aggressive towards each other unless the group is big enough, but the little info I've found on the Silvers makes it seem like they're more peaceful than their regular Fox counterparts.

So my other question is how aggressive are these guys? Will they bully the tank similarly to a Rainbow Shark or Red Tail Shark? Are they okay with bottom dwellers like cory cats and shrimp?

Any experience and info on these is appreciated!

My tank is a 55 gallon, moderately planted.

They are a pretty peaceful fish so i wouldnt worry about it bullying the tank mates. They do much better in groups however, so i would try to get at least 4 of them

The reticulated flying fox isn't actually related to the flying foxes we see at all. They are instead a close relative of Siamese algae eaters so they are one of the few fish that will eat bba.

Back
Top Bottom