Can you suggest some fish for my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all

I have been rebuilding my 55 gallon FW (it is going to be heavily planted one).
Currently has the following fish :

4 Cory catfish - 3 albino, 1 regular
1 Albino rainbow shark
1 Algae eater
3 Mickey mouse platies
1 Dwarf gourami

At the moment, all of the above are very happy with each other and the tank looks pretty lively all the time.

I am looking to add some more color to the tank though (most of the above are either white or some shade of white and red and my 5 year old and 2 year old are demanding more color LOL). Can you recommend some fish that would be compatible with what I have ? Also, would be good if they are "commonly available" fish as I do not have a lot of LFS in my area

Thanks in advance

If you want a lot of color and easily available id say get some male guppies but if your willing to look a little harder a pair of golden or blue rams would look nice too

I have to agree with mrc8858, male guppies are very colorful and playful. They make a very nice display.

I think any kind of tetra would be great for your tank. Rummynose or bloodfin if you want like them more towards the bottom, or pristella or black phantom for the mid-high levels of the tank. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom