Co2 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
New plants in today and im very happy with how my tank looks. Ive decided to invest in a co2 setup. I feel confident setting it up but im not sure how to use a drop checker. Can someone please take some time to explain it please? Oh and if theres any very important things to do or not to do regarding co2 setups.

Thanks

CO2 drop checker cost 10 bucks on ebay.

You need:
- CO2 tank, take the biggest you can afford.
- CO2 regulator with solenoid valve, and bubble counter on it (buy the bubble counter liquid, water will become nasty.
- Diffusor or inline reactor if you have canister filter. I heard istamix reactor are cheap and efficient.
- CO2 drop checker (10 bucks on ebay) with 4dKH° solution
- Quality airline tubing

Ah and don't forget to buy checkvalve, I've put 4 checkvalves on my setup because 1 wasn't enough.

I bought my system on www.aquacave.com

Be sure and read the instructions, lol. Some model require bubble counter fluid, some tell you to only use water. Also their are necessary valve openings and closing that need to be done correctly when first opening tank valve and when removing regulator for refilling tank. +1 on the importance of check valves. Good luck, OS.

Don't forget to teflon tape all the connectings, espescially the tank connector to the regulator, it always leak if you don't put teflon tape. (1000PSI)

Back
Top Bottom