Completely Overstocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

colzboppo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings all,
I have a 12gal Tank and was just wondering if I should be thinking of getting a new tank and at what size?
I have in my tank currently;(and yes i know it is overstocked)

2 Serpae Tetra
1 Sterbae Cory
1 Bronze Cory
2 Black widow tetra
3 pristella tetra
4 New Baby Green Tiger Barbs
1 Clown pleco (still quite small)

I have read that the Tiger barbs grow real quick, (They are always hungry) and do best in groups 6+, this leads me to think of buying more when putting them into the new tank, (probably add 4 more tiger barbs). What sort of tank should I be looking at? is 20gal adequate? I will probably keep the old tank as a quarantine for some of the older fish or use as a spawning tank.

I have a 20 gal tank. And its also overstocked.

Ive been advised to take My Bala shark back to the shop who sold me the thing despite saying "Its our policy not to sell you a fish if we think its for the worst"

And yeah my tiger barbs have grew so quickly they eat loads and are really aggressive towards bloodworms they love um! Ive also been advised to take them back.

(Ive lost dome fish so my list in my sig isnt correct, I lost both my Neon Dwarf's 1 Red honey 1 tiger barb and 1 bala)

I would go for a 30-40 gal and get yourself 2-3 more tiger barbs. And then you could also get some more friends for your tetras and corys.

HTH!

Well depending on how much space you have I would recommend a 29 or 55 gallon tank. You can buy a 55 gallon complete kit from Petsmart for $160 at the moment which seems pretty good to me! You might get away with a 20 gallon but it would be far from ideal, unless you got the 20 and kept your barbs in the 12 gallon. I say the barbs because they are generally rather mean little fin nippers.

Oh and those Tetras and Corys defiantly need more pals, as a general rule of thumb there should be at least 6 of any type.

Back
Top Bottom