Copepods??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wasnt sure where to put this question but here goes. I randomly have copepods now!! Where on earth did they come from?! The only new fish that was added was a betta but I had the copepods before I got him. But I didnt start noticing them badly til my snail eggs hatched. When I put the leftover egg sack in he breeder box I noticed crazy amounts of them in the breeder box!! What on earth?! I know they arent bad but they creep me out beyond belief. Ive heard fish will eat them but they are soo tiny that my mollies or platys dont even notice them. What on earth can I do?? The only thing I have been able to find out about eradicating them is to add fish that will eat them. There has got to be another way!! I do water changes all the time and since I found them I have been doing more water changes and gravel vacs and their numbers seem to dwindle down a bit but as soon as more snail eggs hatch bam they are right back again!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Also in the tank right now are three mollies 4 platys 3 otos and some apple snails and its a 40 gallon. Thank you!

Anyone have any advice on them? I looked today and havent been able to see any so Im not sure if they are gone or hiding.

Back
Top Bottom