Corys and gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqariumclements

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone I've recently bought 6 Cory cats to go in my rainbow tank I've read a lot about small smooth gravel being okay for them? I think that's what my gravel is and they seem to love sifting through and haven't seen any problems as of yet, there is also a lol of plants driftwood etc for them. Do you think this kind of gravel will be okay?

Attachments

• image-2948800543.jpg
    image-2948800543.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 94
Hi everyone I've recently bought 6 Cory cats to go in my rainbow tank I've read a lot about small smooth gravel being okay for them? I think that's what my gravel is and they seem to love sifting through and haven't seen any problems as of yet, there is also a lol of plants driftwood etc for them. Do you think this kind of gravel will be okay?

They should be fine as you said the gravel is smooth, but still keep an eye out on their barbells wearing down as they would obviously prefer sand.

That should be fine.. I have similar stuff in my Cory's tank.. Their barbels are all in tact except for one small male, I don't know what his deal is.. You'll want to keep it clean for them so if they do wear down they won't get infected..

I've had similar, small rounded gravel, with my cories for a couple months now, and they don't seem to mind at all. I read somewhere about their problems, and got all paranoid for a stretch, but they don't seem to be bothered, and spend about all their waking moments gravel sifting.

Corydoras and Gravel

Hello aq...

Absolutely. The pea-sized polished gravel is fine for Corys. I've used it for years in my Cory tanks.

B

Hey everyone thankyou for all the feedback, I've had a look at the picture (by phone) and I'm not sure the picture is brilliant the gravel is slightly smaller than pea sized and more flakes than rounded, I can comfortabley run my fingers through it without feeling any sharp points however it is slightly rough? Do you think it will still be suitable? Fallen in love with these guys there so entertaining to watch!!

Your gravel sounds a lot like mine, and mine have been fine for a few months now. Mine keep getting eaten by my pictus now, so as I replace them, I put them in a special tank to let them grow more until they are as big as the one that doesnt get eaten...

What kind of fish is that in the first picture? Rainbowfish? Has nice color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom