drift wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edward198

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I was too buy some drift wood (which I am planning on doing).. how would I attach plants to it and what type of plant is easy to do so.. with still looking great in my tank? :)

Plants and Driftwood

If I was too buy some drift wood (which I am planning on doing).. how would I attach plants to it and what type of plant is easy to do so.. with still looking great in my tank? :)

Hello ed...

I use thin, black sewing thread. Just tie the plant roots or rhizome to the piece. The thread eventually dissolves. By the time it does, the plant roots are firmly attached. I like to arrange some pieces of lava rock around the roots too. They cover the thread, so the plants look more natural.

B

Hello ed...

I use thin, black sewing thread. Just tie the plant roots or rhizome to the piece. The thread eventually dissolves. By the time it does, the plant roots are firmly attached. I like to arrange some pieces of lava rock around the roots too. They cover the thread, so the plants look more natural.

B

Yep. +1 i use green or brown thread and it does eventually brake up after alittle while.

Back
Top Bottom