Dwarf gourami and albino cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justahamm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I bought a dwarf gourami and two albino Cory cats. I've never had Cory cats but I'm eager to do the research while they acclimate. They're in my 20 gal planted tank. So I hope they will do well. Any advice or just other stories please share. Thanks.

Justahamm said:
Today I bought a dwarf gourami and two albino Cory cats. I've never had Cory cats but I'm eager to do the research while they acclimate. They're in my 20 gal planted tank. So I hope they will do well. Any advice or just other stories please share. Thanks.

Nice! My only advice is to get those corys some freinds! At least 5 corys to a group IMO

The best time to do species research is PRIOR to purchase. I agree that the corys need a larger group. If you're cramped for space in your tank, 3 corys would do, but 5 would be happier.

LyndaB said:
The best time to do species research is PRIOR to purchase. I agree that the corys need a larger group. If you're cramped for space in your tank, 3 corys would do, but 5 would be happier.

Thats right, lynda never has impulse buys:) haha

thats sage advice. and i usually do, but this morning i was reading the "whats your impulse buy?" thread and i think it stuck with me. Also another excuse is that i thought i saw SAE but they turned to be flying foxes. but i went to aqadvisor.com and figured out i can add four more. thanks for the advice though.

Albino Cory's like friends? Dang I didn't know that. :eek:

I already had one in my tank when I got it (not from the store... lol). So has this little fella been really lonely?

I already had one in my tank when I got it (not from the store... lol). So has this little fella been really lonely?

He sent me a text last night.... Mr Lnly seeks pals, pls snd ownr to lfs ASAP. :whistle:

And he looks SO good on camera, too...... oops. I mean, wouldn't he look good on camera..... :angel:

Ardynas said:

I have one in 17 g and he is the happiest I've seen him but don't try it I think he is very special

I took your advice and bought four more Cory cats. I also went ahead and bought 4 more white clouds and neon tetras so that way I'd have 5 of each. I had larger schools but due to a recent battle with BBA I lost some. So now I'm thinking my tank might be overstocked. My filter is a cascade 150 and should provide enough filtration. It's only a 20 gal. My question now is should I move the neons to my ten gal. I'm worried my gourami is around too many schooling fish. Thanks you guys.

5 white clouds
5 neon tetras
Dwarf gourami
6 albino Corys
Nerite snail
Trapdoor snail
Fully planted tank with t8 lights

If this is a 20, you're borderline overstocked. You'd have to be sure to keep up with your water changes. I don't think you'd have to move anybody at this point, but time will tell.

Cool thanks. I'll stay on top of it. The advice has been greatly appreciative.

Back
Top Bottom