Filter importance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

addisonnolann

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

This isn't a question so much as it is a learning experience. I have two ten gallon tanks set up. In one I have a betta fish and some White Cloud Mountain minnows. In the other I have a betta fish, two adf, and a few corydoras. I was going to be gone for a few days so I did my water changes and over fed a little before I left. When I came back my tank with the cories was in terrible shape. The filter had died and the water developed the typical stagnant water grossness. I quickly went out and bought a new filter, but not before I lost a Pygmy cory and a false Julii cory. The rest didn't look great either. They were discolored and not too into the food. I put the new filter on yesterday and it's stronger than the last, and my Cory's have never been so active and food-driven. The water looks crystal clear and everyone seems super happy. It just goes to show how important a filter is on any tank, no matter how small. I just thought it was a valuable lesson and wanted to share it with the forum. Attached are a few pictures of my fish munching on shrimp wafers. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426430761.902217.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426430777.684518.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426430792.984267.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I must admit I don't like fish or betta bowls without a filter no matter how big they are. I like something to be turning the water over. Thanks for the share :)

Me either. A filter is very important and this just shows why. I was only without a filter for a few days and this happened. I feel terrible for fish in tanks without a filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom