Final Stocking Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i think i finally figured out all the fish i want in my tank. It is a 36 gallon and here is what i want to be in it when it is fully stocked
1 powder blue gourami
5-6 cory cats
5 neon tetras
5 black neon tetras

Do you think im overstocked, understocked,or just right?:)if i could add any other fish which ones?Thanks

I think your good :) you probably could up the schools to 7 if you wanted to

You actually alright, although you could probably fit in 2 - 3 Guppys/platies or maybe a peaceful Cichlid if you so desired. Is the Gourami a Dwarf Gourami or a normal Gourami? I've heard that they try and eat Tetras if they are small enough.

I would advise you to up your schools to 7 or 8 each. Otherwise, you could add a couple of something else. You don't have space for another school, but you could get a second gourami, or a ram cichlid, a couple platys, a bnp (or some other small pleco species). You have a bit of space still.
I would recommend cardinals instead of neons to avoid introducing neon tetra disease into the tank, but thats just me. Healthy neons would be fine. :)

ok about the cardinals i havent found any near me so i think i might just get neons and it is a dwarf gourami. I think i might try to add a ruby clown cichlid (thats a peacful ram right? correct me if im wrong0

ok about the cardinals i havent found any near me so i think i might just get neons and it is a dwarf gourami. I think i might try to add a ruby clown cichlid (thats a peacful ram right? correct me if im wrong0
Yes, they are peaceful. I have 2 in my community. I LOVE them.
Neons are fine. I still recommend at least 6 of each tetra. 5 is not enough for a proper school. I know one fish doesn't seem like it would matter, but it does.

ok so this sounds like a good stocking plan?
1 dwarf gourami
6 neon tetras
6 black neon tetras
5-6 cory cats
1 ruby cihlid

Yes, that sounds fine. After it is set-up, see how everything goes and you could probably get a couple more of the neons and black neons if you want to, but its good to see how everybody gets along first. :)

Back
Top Bottom