Firemouth tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55 gallon and I want to put cichlids in it. I have the set up I just need tank mates for my firemouth. What cichlid would be a good tank mate for a firemouth that won't cause fighting or territory disputes. My current stock is:
1 x fire mouth cichlid
1 x red tail shark
1 x African knife fish
3 x angelfish
1 x bushy nose pleco
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Why not add some more firemouth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why not add some more firemouth?

Would they get territorial or fight? If they'd be happy with each other I wouldn't mind adding a few more.

I'm not really all that in the "know" with cichlids but I'm pretty sure with your current stocking you really couldn't add anything besides maybe some bolivian rams or Kris without issues.. the firemouth I'm pretty sure would be ok as long as you monitored for aggression and rehomed if necessary. .

I'm not really all that in the "know" with cichlids but I'm pretty sure with your current stocking you really couldn't add anything besides maybe some bolivian rams or Kris without issues.. the firemouth I'm pretty sure would be ok as long as you monitored for aggression and rehomed if necessary. .

Ok thanks for your help!

I'd recommend jewel cichlids or other small, south american cichlids (pair).

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom