Fish additions suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to add a fish to 2 tanks that will eat springtails.
Tank #1 has Australian rainbows, a male beta, Featherfin rainbows and Corydora catfish, pleco
Tank #2 has rasbora, longfin Danio, normal Petco guppies, Corydora catfish, upside down catfish, Pleco
-- I don't know how the springtails got in them but they're driving me nuts as they just jump on top of the water !!!
Cleaning the tanks, and they're jumping everywhere jumping on me makes me freak out !!!!!

I asked the co-owner of my Lfs and he said killi's too.. I have some juvenile female gardneri, they shouldn't bother anyone else, the males are little monsters but the females seem to mind their own business and stay glued to the surface for any bit of food that they can find.. Pm me if you want them..

Ooooh it's the Males that are jerks. HAHA , it's usually always the males. My killi's were a breeding pair. So if I just got females it should be ok...... The gardneri species not panchax ?

They are panchax yes, this us the male and the females are all white with some red speckles..

image-1605197671.jpg

Yep that's what I had. So, it was the male being a jerk.!!
It could have been Gudgeons being jerks too. Had them at the same time

I moved them to a species only tank because the male bit the tails off anything that went in his cave at night.. Pleco's too.. Nasty lil guy.. I'm not familiar with gudgeons..

I read that Gudgeons are a cichlids , so it may have been them fin nipping ; or as you said male Killi

Back
Top Bottom