Fish atlas... Baensch or Axelrod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaaikop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! Looking to get a good fish atlas. Which in your opinion is the best?
Baensch has one in 3 volumes, or Dr. Axelrod's both look very good.

Thanks!

Thanks Beblondie! 8)
I also checked on Amazon, comments from people who bought the Axelrod atlas,
most are saying it's only nice pictures, but not much "data", so will go with herr
Baensch. :)

Any of you know a good place to buy these? was looking on the web, there seems
to be many different editions available out there... (paperback, hardcover, 1992,
1997, 2002, etc.) whichever edition I try to find, nobody seems to have the 3 of
them in stock (actually there seems to be a vol. 4, but nobody has it in stock)
Should I wait, it sounds like there is yet another version coming out, LOL :twisted:

i just got "aquarium fshes of the world" by TFH pub. It credits Axelrod as one of the authors. Is this the one you are talking about? I highly recommend it. It has a huge selection with good pictures for every fish. It has a small section on plants as well. 1000 pages or so, it's pretty complete. ISBN 0-7938-0493-0 I definitely prefer this one over the Baensch volumes as far as selection and layout. Got mine from borders, but used from amazon is always a good place to look.

I have the baensch as well and really like them. Check all the big vendors, I see them for sale quite often on fosters & smith and marine depot.

Back
Top Bottom