Flea Bombing the House --Question about the fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
We're flea bombing our house because my outdoor cat brought in fleas.... and we're planning on covering my fish tanks with sheets but the instructions say to shut everything off. My question is, will my fish tanks be fine for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours without the heater or filters on

you can leave the heaters on if they are submersed. the concern with things being left "on" is the spark from some motors and other devices. I'ld be more concerned about them not having fresh air over the surface of the water for 3 hours..

They're not submerible and I can't have anything on

update:
We started bombing, I took all of my air breathing fish out and put them into containers and brought them to work with me, that also makes it easier for the few left in the tanks not to use up as much oxygen X.x

I know it's too late but i heard that damp or wet towels ova the top should stop most of the chems getting into your tank.

trotty said:
I know it's too late but i heard that damp or wet towels ova the top should stop most of the chems getting into your tank.
glad to hear it went ok. did you at least get rid of the fleas (or cats ;) )

ive used them w/o a problem.
for the future: all air pumps off, hob filters off, canister filters and heater can be left on and then covered. a low bioload should be ok for 3-4 hours

Back
Top Bottom