florida driftwood *They are here finally! Pictures**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have any experience with ordering through them? I ordered some plants from them on Feb 23, and they still havent shipped. I have sent them two emails asking if they are out of stock, and I haven't had any reply. I don't care if they need to reorder or what ever, I would just like to know what is happening with my order. I am starting to get upset with these people. Is this a normal thing? Should I call them?

I'd suggest giving them a quick call. I haven't dealt with them, but since they are failing to reply to your emails, A quick call would tell you whats going on. Give them a complaint, who knows maybe they'll give you some free plants or a lower price if they know you are an unhappy customer.

If I hadn't called them, I would have never received my plants! They said that someone called and cancelled the order. 8O WHAT? I know my husband didn't call. And that was the first time I had called. So the guy says I should have them by friday. I am wondering if somebody called and cancelled a different order and they thought it was mine by mistake. :? Why does this always happen to ME?

Wow, well it didn't happen like I said, or even how I would have thought. You should have complained to them a little bit more. Let us know when the shipment arrives. Let us know if you got any free plants or a "generous" amount for the delay. That is weird though!

Well if someone called to cancel an order and they canceled yours instead, that means the caller (who thought their order was canceled) ended up receiving a box of plants they didn't want.

lol wouldn't wanna be the phone support person who took THEIR call. 8O

I am NEVER ordering through them again! I was told I would have my plants by yesterday. yesterday came and went, still no plants. So I called them again, and told them the situation...I was told my order had been canceled, and I was wondering if the situation had been resolved... He took the price of the order, and my order number and said thankyou...Goodbye. WHAT??? What is the answer to my question? Is it still canceled? Did he think I wanted to cancel it? I am stumped.

At this point, I would simply make sure your order is canceled. I assume they have your credit card number? If they eventually do ship something, refuse the shipment and make sure your number isn't charged. If they give you any hassles, work through your credit card people.

FWIW, I'm getting ready to place a big plant order (well, "big" by the standards of my 29 gal tank), and have decided to order from AquariumPlants.com (one of the sponsors of this forum). They have a great selection, fabulous prices, let you choose the shipping method (and thus price)...seems like a great set-up. They also ship next business day after you order, unlike a lot of online plant sites which seem to ship only once per week. I'll be sure to post a review of their plants and their service in their forum once I get my order.

And we are trying to get to the point where we can offer same day shipping too. Just haven't quite worked out all the issues on that one yet.

Well, I called them AGAIN. To tell them to take their order and ... But when I called, the guy was like, "oh yea, I remember your call and your plants are all packed up, they should be going out (pause) uh, today." We shall see. These people are making me crazy. I want to wash my hands of them but they are not letting me. :evil:

I believe it Meredith!

I ordered some plants from Florida Driftwood a couple of years ago. I called in the order because I wanted what I wanted, I didn't want any substitutions. I placed my order, toll call mind you, and waited. I waited, and waited and waited. No plants. I called a couple of times, toll calls, left messages and didn't hear a single word about my order again. I never found out what happened to my order.

I did hear from FD again. It was via the administrator on another board. After discussing experiences with FD with a couple of other members, the owner of FD threatened to sue us over comments about or experiences (ala Petswarehouse).

Needless to say, I never gave them a second chance. :wink:

I am also having a problem with FloridaDriftwood. I placed an order in January for some plants. They were out of stock so I cancelled the order via email. I received an email acknowledging my cancellation. Lo and behold 2 months later they shipped the plants to my home in the cold Northeast. Needless to say they were packed so poorly half the plants were dying and the other half were frozen. They did not hesitate to charge my CC. I have sent 3 emails requesting to credit my account to no avail. I prefer to use email as I can document any correspondence. Needless to say it looks like I will have to make a call first thing Monday morning. This was my first and last time dealing with them. I have had good luck with AquariumPlants.com.

The last time I spoke to them was wed. They said my order would be shipped that day. I just got a usps track and confirm in my email that says "A package with a Click-N-Ship® label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 03/18/2005." Why on earth would they ship live plants on a Friday??

I have purchased plants and supplies from them, and I must say the plant order left a lot to be desired but they wound up surviving, though there was no delay in my order being received. The equipment I have purchased from them was shipped promptly and I got a good price, and had no complaints. I am sorry you had this trouble and certainly don't blame you for wanting to avoid dealing with them again - I wouldn't either! 8O

Guess I'm one of the few who lucked out. I ordered quite a few plants from them 2-3 weeks ago and had a good experience. Sorry you guys didn't! :fadein:

Thanks for the heads up, I had planned to order from them and will reconsider that now. I ussually get all my plants from my Local pet store but their prices can be rediculous to say the least. Will let you know if I have any better luck with someone else if I order from them.

Meredith,
Haqve you recieved your plants yet or still a no go? Let us know!
-Stewie

Well, it took a month but I finally got them. I will take pictures tomorrow. Surprisingly they seem to be in good shape. The Java Fern is very green and one of the plants have little babies growing on the leaves. What do I do with those?

You can leave the babies indefinitely, or once the baby plant has at least three leaves and has some brown roots trailing off of it you can tie it to something and let it grow. Glad to hear you got some good plants out of the deal.

Well, here are some pictures of the plants I got. They are still alive, YEA! I used fishing line to tie them down. I have never had these plants before, so let me know if you see any problems. Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom