freshwater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartman57

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a question and i was thinking about maybe trying it is possible
has anyone ever heard of putting different kinds of trout in a aquarium? i am an avid freshwater fisherman and i love to fish for trout, but i never heard of anyone having tout in their aquarium. i have malawi cichlids now, but i was thinking about purchasing a new tank for trout or pennsylvania freshwater game fish. any ideas i think that it would be cool. thanks

Some people have attempted it, but it is illegal in most states to keep wild game fish in an aquarium. Check with your local laws.

Trout need cold water and a large tank, and keeping them in a room without any kind of a chiller may cause problems.

Someday I'll have to get you to tell me some good fishing spots in PA ;) I haven't fished in years, but wouldn't mind finding a nice trout stream.

The PA fish and boat commision website states that if it is of legal size and legaly caught you can keep it in your aquarium basicaly if it is legal to eat it is legal to keep. But keeping trout may be tricky the biggest problem to overcome would be keeping the aquarium at proper tempetures.
If I may ask wereabouts are you in PA.

Back
Top Bottom