funny fish names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i read posts sometimes and people give their fish funny and peculiar names. would anyone care to share their favorite ones? i have a zebra danio with a bent spine and i call him mr. wiggles. he wiggles everywhere he goes. :D tell us your fishes name!

Our betta is called Charlie (for no good reason). the two bolivian rams are louie and eddie (cuz they look like two tuff guys!), and one of the white skirts is just "the queen"...she runs the tank!

Our turtles are named roxy (we inherited that one to learn that roxy is a boy later on!), Horacio, and Little Squirt (who is the biggest turtle we have!).

My pair of Orange Flash Apistos are named Bonnie and Clyde.

They're outlaws and they don't even know it!

cool

This is always a fun one!! We have Bruce The Exhibitionist, a betta who likes to show off for you. He is also known as Bruce The Idiot when he does something, well, idiotic. Also Moe, Larry & Curly; 3 pitbull plecos. Lets see. We had Bing, Bob & Dorothy, 3 peppered corys. But alas now it is just Bob and Dorothy. Bing died a week after the move. sigh Still looking for more tankmates for them. Oh yes, and Angel, the homicidal angelfish. So named after he became aggressive and finally killed Spot, the red tailed shark. Anybody want a real sweet angel???? I will pay shipping. Anywhere.

Almost forgot Jules, Bodie, Bear and Little Bear, all corys. Never thought I'd succumb to "cute". Ah well, could be worse. Could have been cabbage patch kids.

its funny how you get a fish and these names fit them so well, lol.
i forgot about 'mr. dojo rising' my dojo loach named after the doors tune.

i've got a beautiful male albino bristlenose named "mr. man". my L200 green phantom is (surprisingly) "mr. green". i've got a beautiful L333 named "question mark" (his stripes form a question mark on one side). and my chinese algae eater is "mr. fatty[ants".

I give my bettas really esoteric names. I once had one named Vercingetorix, nafter the French general Caeser fought in the Gallic Wars. I also have a white one named Banquo's Ghost (Shakespere), Escher (an artist), and Red Smoke Cameo (a Persian cat color, lol). I also had an iridescent one named Bling!. I just posted all them in a different thread, in fact.

The only other named fish I have is Mr. Rhino, a rhino pleco.

Fun thread idea!
My best names are:
Stretch (farlowella acus)
Itchy and Scratchy (Bolivian rams)
Chubbs (fat little clown pleco)
Mr. Bristles (bristlenose pleco)
That's all I can think of right now, but a lot of my other fish have names too. I'm exhausted after a concert last night and a day of painting my kitchen.

I name my betta- Mr popeye
my decesed discus-Blacky,
my malbrored discus-Bigred
redturq discus-tatty
blueturq discus- baby
bnpleco- shadow
gbr-sonic
corycats- the uncle corey cats :p
minnows-the electrics
Most these names were chosen by children and i love them just the same and they suit these fish. I also have a few others with no names yet..

My gudgeon is named Goby-Wan. I used to have a catfish named Frankie, but you had to say it with a Jersey accent cause that gangster survived a lot of drive-by water problems.

LOL I love this thread !

Big Mama is the female platy. The dwarf coral platy is "Little Man". Pretty Boy is another male platy. And then there is "Sunset" - the sunset platy (creative huh ?? LOL). The panda cories don't actually have names - they're just my cutie guys or my little nutty dudes. I haven't named the snails at this point but I certainly know each of them individually.

My favorite names are for the bettas. The first two bettas I got had very different eating habits and got named Mr Piggy and Mr Fussy. The third one I got is white with red and blue fins, so he's America. Then there's my favorite, Spot - because of his spotted fins. (so I have Spot the fish and Michelle the dog - go figure LOL)

My first betta was ..... Elvis ..... my husband said I doomed him to an early death by giving him that name - I guess he was right.

i have 4 mollies
my 2 white female mollies are called thelma and louise.
my 2 black mollies 1male 1female george and mildred
2 peppard coreys are called tom and jerry as my four year old named them.

fish

CaysE, love Goby-Wan, I may steal that one. :D And Frankie ...... drive by water problems. LOL Anytime I need a boost after a stressful day, you guys are better than, um, most of the bad habits I used to have. :wink:

Keep em coming!!!!!!!

Our betta is called Charlie (for no good reason).
My betta's name is Charlie too! How funny!

Well, I have Abby the angel, Bristleboy the bristlenose, and the rest I call little buggers. I did name my smaller angels, but forgot what the names were...lol.

I need a name for my male Bolivian...any ideas? I'm not very creative.

Re: fish

JeffreyL said:
CaysE, love Goby-Wan, I may steal that one. :D And Frankie ...... drive by water problems. LOL Anytime I need a boost after a stressful day, you guys are better than, um, most of the bad habits I used to have. :wink:

Keep em coming!!!!!!!
LOL thanks. :lol:

I name my goldfish.

Redcapped orandas: Fedora & Tam (Tam died)
Lionhead: Mango (Mango died)
Regular orange oranda: Tilby

I named the orandas after different hats because their headgrowths look like the fish is wearing a hat. :hat:

:popcorn: :pepsi:

I have a bonsai tree with two little figurines of old wise men sitting beneath it. I named them Jamal and Jive Sucka. They crack wise about each other's mamas. It's across the room from the aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom