Fuzzy white ball things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allycat7813

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help. I have 2 tanks and both have fuzzy white things floating around. They look like fuzzy with a solid center. The water in one of the tanks is tested all fine. And we just did water change and dug up the gravel. The other tank has a betta and is kind of dirty. That one has more fuzzy things in it. Anyone know what this is?

Could be uneaten food that has formed a fungus. If so you're probably overfeeding. :) Have you tried taking it out and see whether it's totally hard or soft? If it's a hard white deposit like a small stone it could be calcium deposits from your water. If it's soft and fuzzy like you said it may be uneaten food that has formed a fungus. Do you vacuum your gravel regularly?

I personally think it is uneaten food, like you say in my betta tank. My bf continuously over feeds the betta.

However, in the other tank, the food is eaten immediately and I don't think any falls to the bottom. I will have to check if it's hard or soft.

Back
Top Bottom