German Blue Rams Questions. Please reply.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
Bought three German Blue Rams. They arrived in ich and I started heat treatment. They doing fine now. I see one is ich free and two have now very less ich so I hope they ll be fine very soon. I have two questions.

1) Are mine normal or Balloon German blue rams? Please have a look

https://youtu.be/q8XDMldOoZE

2) They didn't eat for two days and I found out they are picky when introduced to new tank and its better to feed them bloodworms to induce there appetite. I did that and they started to eat now and no more shy or timid and eating from surface and bottom. However, today I offered them hikari cichlid baby pellets but they didn't like it. They took bite and spill it out. So, my question is that how can I switch them to pellets as I don't want to offer them only bloodworms because of health and nutrition they need which bloodworms don't cover.

Please reply. Thanks.

It is in their nature to 'spit ' food out,as the are earth eaters...
Try smaller pellets they can manage better..
I would love to see the info saying bloodworms do not provide proper nutrition ? Especially for rams..
Ehh ,what do I know ....:facepalm:

They look round
Thanks.
It is in their nature to 'spit ' food out,as the are earth eaters...
Try smaller pellets they can manage better..
I would love to see the info saying bloodworms do not provide proper nutrition ? Especially for rams..
Ehh ,what do I know ....:facepalm:
Thanks. Actually no matter what I do I get pinned [emoji1] because I had one topic here on bloodworms and almost everyone who replied said they are not good for fish and all use one famous Internet example that it's like you feeling your fish "McDonalds" I even asked that krill or shrimps have same nutrition value and protein like bloodworms so why only bloodworms are being targeted. Honestly no one gave me a solid reply and only thing is that they are bad for fish. That's why I asked here if to feed my German blue rams other foods but as usual I always get this. I don't mind feeding my rams bloodworms at all. They go crazy for them. Eat like pigs. I love to see them eat like this.

Yes I read in detail about them. They are earth eaters. However pellets they spill as they don't like because don't go for the spill pellet again. I will try high quality flake food. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom