German ram tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And with the Baggie do I have water in it or just the fish, and why does it need to be in the fridge?

The fridge will preserve the fish as it is so its not too stinky. Just take a water sample in a Tupperware container not with the fish in it. You don't want the fish polluting your water sample.

Thank you. I really hope the others make it. I searched on the ours and found a person who had 2 guppies and they were alone by the filter, then died..... I'm really scared

Just the fish in the first baggie, the fridge keeps it from stinking up your room if you don't make it tomorrow. The second baggie with the water in it, is for the lfs to test, it doesn't have to be in the fridge. Most stores won't honor their guarantee without a water sample.

holly ninja'd me on the reply, and I really hope your other two do make it too.
I know it's no consolation, but I lost a bunch of fish when i was starting my 55, i wanted to build it around tiger barbs, but ended up losing 2 batches of them, so i went completely away from that species.

He's wedged under a rock but still breathing. Should I still take him out? The other two are getting less and less active...

What are the current test results of...
ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and temperature?

All dead now. An both parents need to work tommorrow til l6. I bought the fish at 1. Problem, I'm thinkin I'm not gettin my money back now

No, and they are closed. I will call first thing in the morning tho. And I am hoping they will accept me.

No offense, but the same stocking questions have been answered over and over in this thread by several people. I (and several others) have given suggestions, and the reasons behind those suggestions. It is up to you to weigh the information you have, and make the best decision you can.

I will say this, once again- I would NOT recommend loaches, the pleco, and the rams all for a tank that is essentially a tall 29 gallon. That is a lot going on for the bottom areas. I strongly suggest choosing either the loaches OR the pleco (since the rams are a definite), but not both.

Well I'm not doing loaches anymore because they are 14 dollers each at m lfs.... But I'm Mabye gonna do panda corys(4) then the rams. And now that in it doin loaches a nerite snail or two for algea.

Well I'm not doing loaches anymore because they are 14 dollers each at m lfs.... But I'm Mabye gonna do panda corys(4) then the rams. And now that in it doin loaches a nerite snail or two for algea.

Okay, I'm happy your not doing the loaches because after researching them, they are very shy and timid when housed with aggressive fish, which your gaurami and rams/apistos have potential to be. I'm mentioning this because I think any pleco(and snails) are total poop machines. All they do Is graze and poop and as long as you are on top of your water changes (which i can already tell your going to be ;) ) algae probably won't be to much of a problem. I know there are super little pleco fish called Borneo suckers(I think) that stay super small and I think you should consider one of those instead of a bristle nose. But I off hand don't know how small bristle noses stay except under 6ish inches? Just because I think your stock options are homing really good but that you have a lot of fish you want and if you can get the same look ext. with a smaller sized fish it might be a good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom