Gouramis picking on each other??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I have 2 blue gourami that have been tank mates for a little less than a year now, but the bigger one seems to be picking on the smaller one. The larger one chases the smaller one but the smaller one even quips back at the larger one on occasion. So my question is, should I leave them alone or should I add a couple of gold ones or something. I had 2 opaline blue ones at home, but one died and now there's the one remaining. Should I take that one and put it in this tank where the 2 fight... Maybe adding the 3rd will help keep it peaceful I dunno? Any suggestions are welcome.

What size is your tank? Gourami can be aggressive towards each other. Depending on the size tank it maybe be a good idea to add 1 more to even out the aggression or separate them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd separate them. Gourami are like distant cousins to bettas, males will fight each other.

Caleb

I'd stick to one gourami per tank for those types. Once the males hit sexual maturity they can be pretty brutal toward each other.

That is what they do. I will only keep one labrinth fish per tank this incudes; Gouramies, Bettas, and Paradise fish. There are probably more but that is all I can think of at the moment.

I keep only one Gourami per tank, and it's always a Honey. Gouramis are notorious trouble makers, and not always just amongst themselves. They can pester other fish too. They may be beautiful, but to me, they aren't worth it because of all the trouble they are capable of. IME the only Gourami I've kept that is peaceful toward everyone is the Honey.

Back
Top Bottom