Guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

titanicjimmy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello i have 3 pregnant guppy's. This is my first time taking care of guppy's and from what I know is that when females will have gravid spots and I'm not sure when she is going to give birth so I took pictures I have a 10 gallon tank can you guys tell me when or might give birth soon. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 84
Looks like the blue/purple one in the top left corner of the pictures is going to drop soon. That black spot you can see is the gravid spot. It is at the bottom of where the body meets the tail of the fish.

The one to the right of the male in the picture is hard to tell. If she is pregnant it will be a while yet.

I would let nature take its course here. I had 4 guppies, 2 males and 2 females which exploded into about 30+ fish. I gave away 12 (6m6f) and fed the fry of the others to my Angelfish. The parents seem to eat the fry for the first few batches of fry, then they grow tired of chasing them it seems.

Is this a guppy only tank? If there are other fish in there they might eat the fry also. Hope it helps and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom