Hardiest cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbush

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can’t seem to keep any alive in my discus tank. Think it may be all the WC’s & high temps... although it’s only about 80 now. Suggestions?

For warmer temps try adult pandas, sterbai, or juliis. Should be ok to keep them in warmer discus temperature

I’ve killed my aeneus & sterbai. Got some aeneus in my other tank that are fine. Almost all the sterbai are dead now. All the other fish in my discus tank are fine... really puzzled. Would just like to get some tough muthas that won’t die... or maybe just cut my loses? Hate to keep throwing $$$ away.

I now breed Aeneus:)( At least I say I do, Had two successful spawns now:))
Working on Corydoras paleatus and Elegans

Is there another loach that would work? Only have a 55 G & afraid clowns would get too big

My albino cories are awesome, I just added them to my tank last Tuesday, and they are very active, curious, and have had no issues. I also have panda cories, but had a harder time with them at first, lost 2 of them do to freak accidents with decorations, but after I removed all the hazards in the tank they have done well. Trick with Pandas is to ask when they were shipped, because they are super sensitive while shipping, and if they aren't shipped right and can get stressed. Hope you have better luck this time around.

Can’t seem to keep any alive in my discus tank. Think it may be all the WC’s & high temps... although it’s only about 80 now. Suggestions?
If you are keeping your tank at 80 degrees I'd go with a bristlenose pleco for your size tank. Anything higher than 80 this wouldn't be an option imo. The bottom of a tank is generally 1 to 2 degrees cooler than mid and top tank so maybe 81. Plecos are tough and will live a long life in fish years.

Back
Top Bottom