Help me decide on which fish to add to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish24907

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 Gallon Long tank right now with a small school 6 Zebra Danios. I am looking to put another small school of another type of fish in the tank.

I have my eye on Neon Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras, but you can recommend anything else you want too.

Qualities that I am looking for in my new school of fish:

- Peaceful
- School tightly - my Danios don't really do this, so it'd be a nice change of pace to see this in my tank
- Like to explore around my tank decorations as opposed to chase each other around all day like my Danios do (LOL my Danios love playing tag)

I can research the fishes preferred water parameters myself, but the above three traits aren't as widely documented as that stuff. Thanks.

i would definitely take some Mollies and red eye tetra's are good too.

What about some candy cane tetras (bentos tetras) very nice looking in a school !

Neons would work. Also cardinals. But they arent going to ever school VERY tight. They are almost always tank bred fish so there neatural instinct to stay very close isnt as strong. But they stay somewhat together usually. Also rummy nose and hatchet fish.

Back
Top Bottom