Help with 20 gallon stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all!
I'm new around here, but not new to fish keeping. I've been officially back in the hobby for a little over 2 years now. I first started out with a little 10 gallon, was fortunate enough to get a free 30 gallon, then later on I was even more lucky to come across a free 55 gallon. I've only done freshwater, but have done both tropicals and have done cichlids. Unfortunately, due to a recent move, I no longer had room for either a 30 gallon or a 55 gallon. So, as an early Christmas present, my husband bought me a 20 gallon marineland kit that was on sale for $60, including aquarium, marineland filter and a heater! To good of a deal to pass up! So, with this being the smallest tank I've had in a while, I need help with stocking as I'm not used to being limited on stock. I will be doing a dirted tank that I will be capping off with sand and doing all live plants, so plant friendly suggestions only please! :)

I would do:
6-8 Cory cats
A school of 8-10 tetras or rasboras
A centerpiece fish such as a Ram Cichlid or maybe a Gourami of some sort

Go for an apisto trio for your centerpiece and then fill it in with a school or two of tetras and a school of corys or two plecs

Back
Top Bottom