help with catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no i just feed them on fish flakes i am new to all this i am use to cats not fish

LoL ok !

I dont know what is wrong with your cory but first of all it does need other corys to thrive if you have room for more but first you need to make sure it does not have a disese before adding anymore.

You said your other fish are doing well thats a good sign you will need to watch them close in case your cory has something and it spreads

Just a bunch of Questions for you:

What other fish are in there BTW?

Have you seen anything picking at the Cory?

Does the cory appear to be eating?

Can you see anything that looks like White Spots or Cotton on the fish or in its Fins or Gills?

Can you see any whitish looking slime on it. (It's light colored so it will be hard to see)

Has it been rubbing or "flashing" onto objects?

Do you have a freshwater test kit and have you tested for your: PH - Ammonia - NitrIte - NitrAte Levels?

hi there is 2 plek 2 neons 2 tiger 1 gold fish 1 red tailed shark these are the other fish in the tank.
i have never seen any fish pick on it the shark likes to chase the gold fish but never seen it chasing the cory
no white spots on it or cotton on fins/ gills
it use to come to the top when i fed the fish but lately its not
i dont know if its been rubbing any objects but the bottom of the fish concerns me its not flat it seems to go in and i dont think this is normal alsoo when its breathing its heavy and has its mouth open all the time
i dont have a test kit didnt know i needed one as i am new to all this we were only looking after the fish for someone but now were keeping them
hope this helps thanks

Back
Top Bottom