Help with Pleco Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LukeyRoso

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Bought this pleco from my LFS and he said it was a gold spot or a clown pleco. 20180908_092718.jpg20180908_092653.jpg

Looks like a variety of sailfin to me. Hopefully you got a 100 gallon tank or bigger.

yeah will work on that. i have a 60g for the while. once it gets bigger i will upgrade for sure. thanks for your advice

They get up to 12 inches. Id guess a 60 inch tank would be ideal. May get away with a 48 inch. My plecos never really moved around a whole lot.

Yeah same my bristol nose doesn't move around much. My tank is a 48" x 14" x 18"High. Next upgrade will be a 6 x 2 x 2 if my house can support the weight. House is old and unlevel

180 gallon? That is more than enough room. I got a 150g. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 280 gallon soon. I got the floor support for 3000 pounds in the living room. I got my 150g in the basement. I want a tank to show off on the main floor

Nice. Yeah i probably have to upgrade sooner than later because i have a few other fish that will outgrow the 4ft tank. I'll have to support the floor as well I guess. Don't want a 180g tank on uneven floor. Oohh

Back
Top Bottom