Help with stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so a pair of dwarf cichlids or could i get one and something else? I would hope to have a few to choose from because my plan is to get two 3-4 inch fish other than the barbs. thanks for the help!

LemmiWinks said:
Ok so a pair of dwarf cichlids or could i get one and something else? I would hope to have a few to choose from because my plan is to get two 3-4 inch fish other than the barbs. thanks for the help!

I seriously think your danios are ok. They're so fast they wouldn't get nipped, and they'd keep the apistos on their toes.

ok so i think you should do this
6-zebra danios
12-tiger barbs
2-cockatoo apistos

I really like the cockatoo's! should i get male and female? ill leave the danios in their and see what happens. I have 3 leopards and 2 zebras. I also like the idea of 12 barbs but the guy at the shop said he would order in some really cool green ones for me if i wanted, maybe id do 6 of each or 6 albino and 6 tiger

male and female definently that's what i have, and add another zebra and most barbs that look the same like green tiger barbs tiger barbs and albino tuger barbs will all school so 6 of 2 would work

The store i go to has quite the collection, are the cockatoos pretty common and do you think i could get them their?

LemmiWinks said:
The store i go to has quite the collection, are the cockatoos pretty common and do you think i could get them their?

Possibly. If not, and you live in the U.S. Talk to Hn1 and severum mama. They have them, and ship all over the U.S! Shoot them a PM when you're ready. And here's another question. Is this tank cycled?

ummm severum mama doesnt have anymore but ill have some in a month or so from my pair, and theyre the most common apistos

allaboutfish said:
ummm severum mama doesnt have anymore but ill have some in a month or so from my pair, and theyre the most common apistos

Alright then... There's your answer lemmi! Lol.

The tank is 2 weeks old.. ill be adding fish in 2 more weeks if its ready then. But today I realized I want sand now in my tank so I'm going to swap out the gravel but I was thinking when I add the sand I might put a large tray of gravel ontology of the sand so it hopefully doesn't hurt my cycle. Is this a good idea?

*ontop * sorry my crazy phone is changing my words

Are dwarf cichlids the same as apistos? or are apistos a certain type?

Back
Top Bottom