Here we go again....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizz4mo1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank water is once again cloudy. The only time it doesnt seem to be is when I completely drain it and start from scratch. My levels are good, there is no algea, its away from the sun..... what else could be causing it? :banghead: I have seen others fish tanks look so clear and mine looks like someone poured milk in it....and yes the liitle green monster has shown itself :D any advice? :thanks:

Attachments

• 100_0912.jpg
    100_0912.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_0910.jpg
    100_0910.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 73
If it is you could be going thru bacteriol bloom. So draining and starting all over again is gonna get the same result every time a cloudy tank.
Sorry for the double posts

Do you have a piece of driftwood in the tank? If so, then it could be the tannins leaching into the water. And this can last for a long time.

Gizz4mo1 said:
My tank water is once again cloudy. The only time it doesnt seem to be is when I completely drain it and start from scratch. My levels are good, there is no algea, its away from the sun..... what else could be causing it? :banghead: I have seen others fish tanks look so clear and mine looks like someone poured milk in it....and yes the liitle green monster has shown itself :D any advice? :thanks:

IMO its a bacteria bloom, which can be a common thing. As stated before it will happen when you completely change the water. It will go away eventually you just have to wait it out. Also, what is your stock? And how long has the tank been set up?

Tank info

It's a 35 gallon tank that has been running for about 3 months with a pleco, rainbow shark, 2 mollies, 3 platy's, 5 hybrid babies, plus 7 plants, and a moss ball. My levels are right on the dot according to my API test strips, except for the water hardness. Apparently it's a bit softer than normal. No driftwood. I did a 50% water change and that did well quite a bit. Thanks for the advice everyone! :thanks:

Mine used to be cloudy what I just did was stir up my gravel, check the filter cartridge, and did a 40% water change. && it's all clear again now:)

Back
Top Bottom