Hey! Restarting a tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWaddict

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all, new member here.

I have a 55gal and 29gal tank here at my house, and I absolutely LOVE my fish, always have. But when I moved 2 years ago I had to tear it down against my will. Last year, I managed to restart it and it was going well, until sadly school work took over my life for about a month. That is when my tank went down hill. So as soon as I noticed that it was going bad, I gave my fish to a teacher at my school. He loves the fish and they are happy. Today I decided to restart my 55gal fish tank. I took it outside and scrubbed it REALLY well with a sponge and elbow grease and alittle soap. I rinsed it very well also. I have it back in my house, I got my substrate in there. I filled it. But I am having issues with my Emporer 280 filters. The motor runs, but the um, thing doesnt spin inside it. I don't know what to do. I didn't find any ways to take it apart on google. So I ended up coming here from google. What do you guys reccomend that I do? And what is a good way I can cycle my tank??

All help is deeply appreciated :)

Andy

I dont know about your filter issue, but the best way to cycle from what I've read, is to use a raw shrimp. Drop it in, as it decomposes, it will begin to cycle the tank. There are better directions, just search on here for fishless cycling...

Someone should be able to help with your filter issue...welcome, and good luck

Both the impeller AND the biowheel arent spinning, the tube above the bio wheel isn't spitting out water.

Back
Top Bottom