How About This...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Y dont ya pit the danios in the 55g?

It's going to be a South American biotope with one platy... I would love to do an Asian biotope but my cories need a bigger tank and my sister wants an angelfish. But yeah. Do you think that the gold ring danios and (I've switched) lamb chop rasboras would work? This is having 6-7 of each...

Ok I want to know if you think the gold ringed danios would outcompete scarlett badiss and similarly slow fish for food?

Here is the stocking for the 55:
1 angel
6 peppered cories
5-6 panda cories
10 rummy nose tetras
10 flame or buenos aires tetras or some other tetra, ideas?
2 GBRs
2 farlowella catfish

Also I have some more ideas on fish types so tell me if they'd be bad(y)

I was just looking around and saw some of these fish, what do you think and how many?
boraras brigittae (chili radbora)
Danio tinwini (gold ring rasbora)
Boraras maculatus (dwarf rasbora)
Trigonostigma heteromorpha (harlequin rasbora)
Trigonostigma espei (espei rasbora)

Any other ideas? I've PMed some people and some say only 1 school others say 2 would work... So I don't know currently!

jetajockey said:
That's a lot of bottom dwellers in the 55, the rams may not like it that much.

If you are considering those nanos for the tank with the angelfish in it just be ready for them to get eaten at some point.

Oh well no to the nanos with the angel. I put that bit about the 55 because gboy66 wanted to know. But I'll revisit the stocking plan for the 55. Thanks jeta:)

I'm not sure of the total size of some of the fish on that list, if they are bigger than neon tetras you shouldn't have a problem.

I would drop one of the cory schools for sure, that's a ton of catfish that are going to be sharing the same space as your rams. It's also free up room for another schooler group.

Your Betta may chow on the RCS. Ghost Shrimp are larger and harder to target. My Betta ate all but one RCS in two days. I managed to save her barely.

I would not put Harlequins in with the Nano types. They get twice the size. ?
I'm new to Nano fish so JMHO.

Scarlet Badis are slow eaters, but if you build up a colony of Cherry Shrimp, he'll snack on the shrimplets and leave adults and larger juvies alone.

My SB is in with Celestial Pearl Danios and Featherfin Rainbows. But everytime I see him he is fat and happy. My tank is heavily planted and I know I had Planaria as well as other micro "bugs", so he is finding plenty to eat. I powder up Omega One Color Flake and feed Hikari Micro Pellets. I plan to add frozen baby brine shrimp also.

jetajockey said:
I'm not sure of the total size of some of the fish on that list, if they are bigger than neon tetras you shouldn't have a problem.

I would drop one of the cory schools for sure, that's a ton of catfish that are going to be sharing the same space as your rams. It's also free up room for another schooler group.

Well the only issue is that I have both because I got the peppered because the lfs labeled them wrong and I saved the pandas... So I have to have them. So I may just cut out the GBR. Thanks for the warning!!!

Coursair said:
Your Betta may chow on the RCS. Ghost Shrimp are larger and harder to target. My Betta ate all but one RCS in two days. I managed to save her barely.

I would not put Harlequins in with the Nano types. They get twice the size. ?
I'm new to Nano fish so JMHO.

Scarlet Badis are slow eaters, but if you build up a colony of Cherry Shrimp, he'll snack on the shrimplets and leave adults and larger juvies alone.

My SB is in with Celestial Pearl Danios and Featherfin Rainbows. But everytime I see him he is fat and happy. My tank is heavily planted and I know I had Planaria as well as other micro "bugs", so he is finding plenty to eat. I powder up Omega One Color Flake and feed Hikari Micro Pellets. I plan to add frozen baby brine shrimp also.

Ok, I have some extra tanks if the RCS don't work out too well, but thanks for the warning, and I'll cross off the harlequin rasboras.

If I take out the GBRs what could I put in there? I really can't/don't want to get rid of the panda or the peppered cories...

jetajockey said:
If you moved the GBRs I'd probably go with some kind of small gourami or paradisefish, or something similarly sized for a mid/top dweller non schooler.

This just popped in my head, would killifish be a good choice? They are in the top area and don't school so I think they would be good.

Killis would probably be good.
For the 13 gallon, I think you should stick with just one school. You do technically have the space for 2, but I think in actuality they may feel a it cramped. Well, unless you got a small school of pygmy corys because then they would not occupy the same space as the other school.
How may of the peppered and pandas do you currently have?

absolutangel04 said:
Killis would probably be good.
For the 13 gallon, I think you should stick with just one school. You do technically have the space for 2, but I think in actuality they may feel a it cramped. Well, unless you got a small school of pygmy corys because then they would not occupy the same space as the other school.
How may of the peppered and pandas do you currently have?

Ok that sounds good to me the killies. I think that I'll go with which ever of those fish I find for the 1 school and I may get the pygmies but I'll wait for a few weeks/months to figure that out.
I have 4 peppered currently and 5 pandas.

Ok that sounds good to me the killies. I think that I'll go with which ever of those fish I find for the 1 school and I may get the pygmies but I'll wait for a few weeks/months to figure that out.
I have 4 peppered currently and 5 pandas.
Ok. Well, i honestly think if you stick with the corys you have that a ram pair would be fine in a 55 gallon. Thats just my opinion, but I think the pair would have enough space to set up a territory and the corys would still be able to school around. Another option would be just get 1 ram. I should add that I don;t know anything about the farwallosaow-whatever catfish, so I don't know how their presence would affect the dynamics of the tank bottom however. :)

Back
Top Bottom