How does it look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey i did some aquascaping and i wanted to get some opinions or suggestions on how to make it better. Be brutally honest haha. Here is a video as well as some photos, let me know! thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 118
oh, and i do have an outbreak of black hair algae as you should be able to notice... it seems to be getting better so hopefully it should be gone in a few weeks, thanks all!

IMG 0483 - YouTube

I think that it looks pretty good! The only thing that I would do is add some rocks, but then again I just like having rocks in tanks! Jw what kind of fish do you have in there?

patola_l said:
anyone? i would really appreciate some opinions or advice.

I really like your tank! The plants look great! I would get some java moss and put it on your driftwood so it will grow all over the wood and look really cool. You could add some rocks here and there too.

Thanks, I really like the java moss and rocks idea. What kind of rocks would you suggest and where would you put them? Oh and it's black mollies and a Fig 8.

patola_l said:
Thanks, I really like the java moss and rocks idea. What kind of rocks would you suggest and where would you put them? Oh and it's black mollies and a Fig 8.

You can get any kind of rock really. I would just put them in-between plants and stuff. They can be any size. This is where you get to be creative!!

I would just use some regular river rock. You can find it in rivers and in pet stores! I'd put some by the driftwood like 2-4 of them and a few scattered on the left side as well.

yea just put something on the left. it looks kind of empty, otherwise i like the other side!

im not sure which ones are houseplants? i got them all from the petstore..

and i know exactly where to get the rocks now that i think about it... ill do that in the next few days, it is a great idea.

patola_l said:
im not sure which ones are houseplants? i got them all from the petstore..

If they were all submerged and growing underwater when you bought them your fine.

hmm weird... well i will let them stay for now, i have no where else to put them so ill see how they do

how about somemoss balls. they do well in low light. i have them in my tank. they look really good in any tank or landscaping imo. nice tank.

good idea, i think this weekend I'm going to get some as well as a few pieces of rock. Ill upload some new pics when I do. let me know if you have anymore more ideas! thanks

i'm looking forward to the pics. the rock and moss balls should really make the landscape look complete. have fun and just remember you can't make a mistake.it's all about what you like. you can keep adding things until you're happy.:)

Hey all, so i got some chunks of rock I'm going to add now, ill show pictures once it is all done... i held off on the moss balls because I'm not sure where i would put them yet, and i want to get rid of this algae outbreak first... perhaps you guys can help me get rid of it? Im running diy co2, however I'm having issues with it, I'm going to start from scratch today with a different bottle in case there is a leak in my current one... i have been dealing with this black beard algae for a few months now and i can't get it to go away.

Back
Top Bottom