How much current is too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there giant danios those guys go crazy for current. I have a 700gph pump and they swam against it day and night loving it. If there zebra or smaller danios then probably not that much but I'm sure a 200-300gph current would still be easy for them. I know my zebras swam against my emperor 400 currents when sleeping at night.

How Much Current

How much current is too much for Danios?

Hello mic...

Danios are small fish, so filtration in the range of 6 times the volume of your tank would provide sufficent current. So, a filter with a gph (gallons per hour) rating 6 times the volume of the tank would work fine.

B

How about neon tetras?, i have a Fluval 105 for my 16g tank (125gph?), i have the valve open to the acceptable minimum (halfway according to the manual) my corydoras are loving it but my tetras seem to prefer a calm corner of the tank in wich i have many decorations

... these fish are new to the tank so maybe they are just still getting used to it

How Much Current

Hello kill...

I keep Fancy Guppies and the fry are pretty tiny. Just keep the filter turned down a little and the fish will be fine. If the current is a little too much for the smaller fish, they tend to keep to the calmer part of the tank. You need strong filtration to keep up the oxygen levels in the water.

B

Back
Top Bottom