How over stocked is my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefdiver

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone I was just trying to get your opinion on my stoking. I currently have 14 tiger barbs, 12 harlequins, 6 GBR, 7 Cory, 2 yoyo loach, 1 red tail shark and a golden nugget pleco. On a temporary visit I have a tiger and a royal pleco. My tank is 75 Gl with a FX5 and a sponge filter.

Doesnt seem bad as long as the larger fish arent full grown yet.

Actually they don't bother each other. The only one is the redtail that is territorial of his corner

Stocking Question

Hi everyone I was just trying to get your opinion on my stoking. I currently have 14 tiger barbs, 12 harlequins, 6 GBR, 7 Cory, 2 yoyo loach, 1 red tail shark and a golden nugget pleco. On a temporary visit I have a tiger and a royal pleco. My tank is 75 Gl with a FX5 and a sponge filter.

Good morning reef...

Nice size tank. I have large, well planted tanks and am decidedly overstocked. However, I just remove and replace 60 to 70 percent of the tank water every week and the fish and plants do very well. Fish and plants have real tendency to grow and reproduce when the water is pure.

Hopefully, you researched the adult sizes before you bought the fish. But, I'd recommend following an aggressive water change routine. This will keep the water stable and that's the most important thing for your fish and plants.

B

Back
Top Bottom