How to tell if a molly is pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look on internet for pics, but the fin under the belly is round for females, pointy for males... It's easy to see :)

The anal fin of a male is pointy and the female anal fin looks like a fan. If she is pregnant she will have a gravid spot next to her anal fin and she will slowly start to look like a box when viewed from above

Here you go

Yes she is pregnant. Is give her a week and then you should see fry if you catch them in time. Provide plenty of top floating plants so the fry can take cover. If not let the fish enjoy a fresh snack that's extremely healthy for them

No not really. Is it possible to save a few and let the other fish eat the fry?

Yes put like 3 or 4 in a breeding net and they will be fine but you have to feed them hikari first bits because its super tiny. Let the rest become snacks

I only need 2 females to stop the harassment! If I can't find that what else can I use? I think I read I could feed the peas

No feeding will only stop it while they are eating. Either remove the male or add 2 more females. That's your only choice

Back
Top Bottom