Hurt/Sick Rope Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddi3ee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need help! I bought one rope fish maybe 2 weeks ago and she has been doing great in my tank. She can be quite stubborn to eating but other than that she swims around and likes to check out the other fish. But, three days ago I bought another rope fish so she would have a friend to hang out with and this rope fish was very hyper and swam around great around the tank and everyone was getting along well. I noticed yesterday that the new rope fish has all of a sudden stopped being so hyper and was just sitting in the same corner for hours . I checked multiple times to make sure the new one wasn’t dead because it worries me how still she was being. Every now and then she’ll move her head to a different place but other than that, she is not moving hardly at all— let alone eating. My first rope fish stays by her side and always swims over to check on her but she won’t move at all. About 2 hours ago, I got a closer look at her and she has what looks like a tear on the side of her face and one of her nostril, antenna thingy’s are missing! This is my first time owning rope fish and I have no idea what’s happened. I just don’t want her to die so any help or advice would be appreciated!

She has probably been attacked due to dominance leaving the lights dimmed and feed some live bate that might pick her up, fish can get very hyper when moved in to a new tank however they can also be very quiet, I have an alge eater like that and stays in the same place for days, but I noticed it was like this when my convicts was breeding, it can be a number of problems but try some live bait that usually picks them up

Back
Top Bottom