I can't make my tetras happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danio35

Aquarium Advice Activist
:( My poor tetras just seem plain miserable. They just sit at the bottom and rarely explore the tank. Is this normal behavior for them? I had an outbreak of Ich and used methyline green one day until I noticed it said not to use it on Tetras. I got a copper formulation today. I believe I also had an outbreak of finrot/cottonmouth and have been feeding medicated pellets for the past 3 days. The finrot/cottonmouth looks better, but they seem so stressed!

I have hard alkaline agua. pH of 8.4. I've been thinking of looking into dropping the pH, but am afraid that that would be a huge mistake. The guy at the pet store told me I could buy some RO H2O for them and use it in my partial H20 changes. Is this a good idea?

I just want my tetras to like me :cry:

a steady pH is much better than trying to buffer your water with chemicals. When you get everyone treated and you think the tank is disease free, try adding a small school of 5 zebra danios. These danios will make the tetras feels as though the tank is safe and nobody is "out there" to eat them.

Thanks Rubysoho,

That's what I thought would probably be the answer. I do have 5 danios that I just moved to my new cycled 55-gal. I planned on using the 10-gal as a QT and then moving them there. I moved the Danios yesterday and I didn't think of it, but they did seem happier when they were together.

Thanks!

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom