i need an opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
have any of you heard of/read this "tropical fish secrets (that pet stores don't want you to know" book that's being advertised everywhere? is it any good or is it a bunch of bullcrap?

Yeah, I bet its really revolutionary stuff, like buy your equipment online and don't mix fresh and salt water fish. At best, its nothing you couldn't find out from these boards in a couple weeks. Save your $.

Thanks for the link. So far I've spotted two things they stated were incredible and it' really not...(though this is just looking at the surface without a cover)...that picture of what ever tank that is...is not breathtaking beautiful and guppies having babies is not a difficult thing to achieve. I'll see if I can nab a copy somewhere. Thanks again.

how to avoid "cash grabs" go to the store knowing what you NEED! ->not what you se and think you want.

How to keep you aquariumwarmer-> some people put some insultation between their tank and their stand and sometimes on the back and sides if they are not viewable.

THE NUMBER ONE THING YO NEED TO KNOW BEFORE SETTING UP YOUR AQUARIUM!->look up the nitrogen cycle.

where never to put your aquarium-> by a window-> the light will cause algea and the draft will make it cold.

drip loopsd.-> make a downward facing loop in the power cords of all your equipment so if some water gets on them gravety will prevent the water rom getting in the socket.

minimum sized tank yo should begin with-> bigger is better for a new person because it will take longer for things to go wrong with more water to deal with.

anyway, you get the idea, there are so many people that have been keeping fish longer than me here. Between all of us, I will put money on it that every question in that book can be answered right here.

Should we try?

Back
Top Bottom