Information site??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It all depends on what you are looking for. How many in a ten gall. Or how to plant it. What are you looking for.

I really look up each individual fish in about 5 sites, see requirements and aggression and needs. Then I come on here and ask I'd theese are alright! What exactly are you wanting?

What I really would like is:

Celebes Rainbow - 2
Threadfin Rainbow - 2
Dwarf Neon Rainbow -4
Long fin Chocolate Bristle nose - 1
red fin Cory - 2

Tank is planted, just waiting for the cycle to finish. My alternative is one male beta and about 7 neons tetras and again 2 red fin Cory.

In put please! Thank you!

I know that rainbows are schoolers and need to be in 6 at least per species. So pick one. Then again, I don't know alot about the rainbows, so they may not be able to live in the 10 g. Also, Cory's need minimum of 4 and only pandas and pygmys work int his size tank. How big do the red fins get? The 8 neons an a betta, along with some Pygmy Cory's may work

The red fin otos only get about 1 inch. Very tiny but very busy!

This is what I mean, I researched the Rainbows and some say 2 are fine, then others say you need 6!

I really am thinking the betta way. But I sure would have like something unique.

Do you have suggestions? Tank is planted, well filtered, aerated, and WC in the 10 & 20 are weekly. Thank you.:confused:

Don't forget to cycle aswell! And rainbows are much not active and healthy in the 6 or more. I think getting 6 galaxy rasbora, a betta, and the Redfin otos are unique

If you go the Betta route you will have to see if you get a mellow one or a aggressive one. Some bettas will tolerate other fish and other won't. Most bettas will tolerate cory cats and oto's due to their drab coloring. IMO I'd do something unique like 6 Scarlet Badis and Red Cherry shrimp. Check out some of the nano fish as you can do cool little tanks using them.

Yeah, you could do like 6 cos and 4 Pygmy Cory, or 3 red fin otos and 6 scarlet badis. Or shell dwellers

Back
Top Bottom