is my tank cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunebop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so my ammonia has been going down the last couple days. Nitrite has stayed at zero since I started to check the nitrite (which was not the entire time). I checked the nitrate the other day and it was 0 w/ my old test. It is not a liquid test, well, it kinda it, it has little pills you drop in and shake, the new test was w/ the liquid drops. I got a new nitrate test today and it's telling me the nitrate is bout 10-20 ppm w/ the new test! Is my tank cycled???? It's been cycling for about 4 weeks and has stuff from my established tank etc. TIA!

you cant be sure until you test ammonia and nitrites (preferably with a liquid test)

because my 29 gallon has nitrates and but it still has like 5 ppm of nitrites sdo its nit cycled yet

You need the ammonia and nitrite at undectable levels. I would do a 25% water change and see how the readings are after that.

yeah, kinda sucks, cause the nitrites been at zero.. and right before i tested I added another tablespoon of ammonia, so I don't know how much was in there to begin with :( lol I know it was at 2 ppm yesterday. i wish I just left it alone now. grrrr

lol maybe they'll invent a time machine. but by the time they do your tank will probally be cycled by then 8P

yeah, it's at .5 right now.... I'm really really considering doing a 75% water change or something along those lines and then putting fish in it. I'm never listening to my boyfriend's advice again :evil: nitrite - 0 ppm Ammonia - .5 ppm and nitrate is like 20 ppm

Back
Top Bottom