Is the azoo palm filter good for bettas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a couple of mini bow 2.5 gallons which I am going to cycle. I'm putting a betta in each tank. I heard from almost everyone that the filter it comes with is garbage so I want to get another one. I heard the azoo palm filter is good. I need a filter that doesn't have too much flow (fit for betta fish) and can fit in a mini bow 2.5. Does the azoo palm filter meet these requirements? If not, does anybody recommend any other small filters? Thanks!

you can turn it down (i leave mine on the lowest setting) it just kinda drips out, i don't think you will have a problem with too much flow as long as its not turned up all the way

I love these filters! I have one on both of my betta tanks. If you do find that having it on full blast is blowing your fish all around, you can always use a baffle to cut down on the current. That way you have the optimum amount of filtration, while keeping your betta happy.

Yes, it has a small dial of sorts that you can turn. It adjusts the amount of water that enters the filter, and thus the overall flow. Like I said though, this will reduce the overall filtration capacity. I keep the one on my 2.5g on full blast, I just use a plastic water bottle to create a baffle. That way you have maximum filtration with a minimal amount of current.

Back
Top Bottom