Just Wondering....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you throw 2 bettas in with a full grown african mbuna cichlid, one betta will barely hit the water before it's dead. The second might last 20 minutes, or about as long as it takes the african to chew up and swallow the first betta. Bettas aren't even in the same category as African cichlids as far as temperment and aggression. They're faster and relentless, if they want to kill something, it's as good as dead unless its another cichlid or certain bottom dwellers.

sugarfree said:
I'm not considering doing this, but when i was at my LFS I was talking to the owner and he was telling me about the aggresive natures of both bettas and cichlids and I just wanted to know what would happen if you put them in a tank together. I figured the cichlid would come out on top.

Well Im glad to hear that you were not thinking of doing this. I cant believe that your LFS owner would even make the comparison, Its like asking if I get a mean poodle, and a mean pit bull... What do you think would happen??

Back
Top Bottom