Just Wondering....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bettas would most likely become a meal or be attacked....why would you even wonder about this? Please don't try this -- it will be disasterous.

hmmmm. I imagine the result would be similar to someone throwing you in a tank of great white sharks. There would be terror followed by impending death.

What would happen if you threw 2 male bettas in with a full grown african cichlid?
If the cichlids didn't get the bettas, then the bettas would rip each other to shreds.

Since your other posts seem to be legit, this post will remain. We take fish keeping seriously here and want to further this wonder hobby.

Are you seriously considering doing something like this or is it just a hypothetical, like, what would happen if I kept a hippo in a bathtub?

I believe BrianNY keeps one, or was it a rhino? Can't remember....

Here's the thread that is totally inane!! Thanks to webmoose for finding it for me! And Christmasfish, if you ever check here, know that you are missed!!!

Menagerie,
You didn't include the link to that thread.... :( But I know the one you're referring to! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted to keep a penguin (or two or three) in my bathtub.....

I didn't?!? :oops: I'll go fix that right away!!

It comes up, hit the word "thread"~it is so worth another read. I laughed out loud and I knew what was coming!!

That thread made my day. Thanks Menagerie, I was sitting at my desk laughing hysterically, and everyone was looking at me funny. They already think I'm a bit loopy! :silly:

I think last time I checked I was #7 on the ATW 10 most wanted list

and the mental picture of a folded up gar in a 5 gallon is enough to make anyone laugh

I resurrected it in The Lounge if anyone wants to continue or see it.

It's titled Christmasfishes answer to everything. We miss you Christmasfish!!!!

I'm not considering doing this, but when i was at my LFS I was talking to the owner and he was telling me about the aggresive natures of both bettas and cichlids and I just wanted to know what would happen if you put them in a tank together. I figured the cichlid would come out on top.

Back
Top Bottom