Keeping Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To my understanding its because the pacu is herbavore, posing little threat to our natural wildlife. A loose piranha is going to destroy every fish in his path.

Yes! I love Jeremy Wade.

It's a little overblown, but yes they are quite invasive. There have been piranha caught in florida in the wild along with a myriad of other sa/ca and african cichlids.

jetajockey said:
It's a little overblown, but yes they are quite invasive. There have been piranha caught in florida in the wild along with a myriad of other sa/ca and african cichlids.

You are kidding! African cichlids eh? That is very interesting and very very sad. I kind of expect SOME sa/ca, pirahnas to be in our waters, but African cichlids is totally surprising.

Ok, back on topic. A male betta will be ok in his own. But IMO, get a female, they seem to be a bit calmer especially if your going for a community tank. Just watch her temperament as all bettas are different. and have a backup plan. Good luck.

I put a male betta in my sons 10 gallon. He has loads of personality and seems really content. Got a couple of snail buddies too. He's gorgeous! Every betta deserves space to show off IMO.

Now I know why there's such fuss made on the terms and conditions about keeping on topic lol!

Ok, so um...

I just went and bought a fluval edge 23l. Total impulse buy. But it was less than half price, and less than what it would cost for tank filter and light and that's without fancy hood etc.

Can I hold off on the rest until close enough to Christmas to convince myself it's a present to myself? ;-) you all know EXACTLY what I mean Hehe.

SushiLuckyFin said:
Now I know why there's such fuss made on the terms and conditions about keeping on topic lol!

Ok, so um...

I just went and bought a fluval edge 23l. Total impulse buy. But it was less than half price, and less than what it would cost for tank filter and light and that's without fancy hood etc.

Can I hold off on the rest until close enough to Christmas to convince myself it's a present to myself? ;-) you all know EXACTLY what I mean Hehe.

So sorry!

Am considering guppies. LFS has a white rainbow of different colours.

Have read they are fairly hardy. More so than Betta.

and with the design/logistics of the fluval edge, and Betta and their surface dwelling I'm not sure I can work it with decor how I envisage.

I am so hopeless at making decisions. Lucky I have LOTS of time.

Any other thoughts for stocking?

Would prefer single species.

Back
Top Bottom