Kits and Flowers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Firstly im not exacly sure where to put this thread so feel free to move it.

Anyway back to my question. Today i decided to make my Christmas list so my parents and family dont have to nag me any more. So i put down those grow a kits (i personaly love them) like grow a plant or grow a caterpiller and i stummbled upon the grow a frog kits you know, you get a tadpole and watch it change into a frog. As always i look them up some more and see the end result is like most bettas you buy at petco : a unhappy fish/frog in a unoxygenated tank that will die young unless they are transfered to a larger and more set up tank. So i wanted one but my morals stepped in an was all like "You cant just watch it die a miserable death! Come on you have 5 set up tanks cant you put it in their?" So as always i come here with the question: Can i grow the frog in the tank the kit gives me and when it gets old enough transfer it to one of my bigger tanks?

The second thing is that i was looking up new plants for my tank and i was struck with the memoriy of me and my parents going to home depot and geting my neighbor a water lily for her pond. And i was wondering if i could take one of the lilys or lily seeds you buy at home depot or other stores and grow it in my fish tank?

If you maintain good water quality, you can grow out the frog in the little tank and transfer it to another tank.

You can grow a lily in your tank if you have the proper lighting and nutrients.

Thank you! Ill definetly be putting it on my christmas list then!

Back
Top Bottom