Logistics question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosh96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm headed up to college in a few months, and I really like the idea of keeping one or two pairs of Lamprologus ocellatus or L. multifasciatus in a 10-gallon tank. Of course that depends on who I'm rooming with, so I'd like to wait and see. Another concern I have is that I may have to move the fish back and forth a few times a year. Now, my college is about a 90-minute drive from home, so it's not terribly far. Is there a safe way to do this, or would it be too stressful for the fish? While I'd love to have a few shellies in my dorm, their well-being comes first. Any advice would be awesome.

My multifasciatus got shipped in from Michigan, which took 2 days in a bag. They settled right in to my tank; they are quite hardy and have survived several power outages and temperature drops into the 60's over the past 8 months I've had them. Heck, even the fry survived those power outages. So I wouldn't worry about stressing them too much.

With a 10 gallon tank, if you're careful you can probably get away with just emptying the water out of the tank, putting the fish in a bucket, and then moving the tank as a whole unit. Like an extended 80% water change :lol: Just make sure you keep the filter media wet while you travel so you don't have to re-cycle your tank.

My N. Multifasciatus have quickly become some of my absolute favorite fish, so I can't recommend them highly enough!

I'd recommend only 1 pair of occelatus if you do them. I have a pair, they are so fun, my male likes re-arranging his shell fort, it's really fun.

Sent via echolocation

Any idea where one could find a sexed pair of L. ocellatus?

If your located in Indy, there is a guy that has multiple pairs and offspring. I bought off of him at in auction

Sent via echolocation

Is it possible for me to order from him online?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom