looking for gentle giant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samantha_p

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking for a fish that will grow at least 12" for my 150 gal tank. I was gonna get a paco but I heard they will go after my other fish and everone tells me oscars are to dangerous for a community tank, I got 4 goldies,4 angels,6 platys, 2 plecos. is their a big giant out their
that will get along with the others:p

Tin foil barb
Silver dollar
Red hook silver dollar

Related to the pacu, but they're vegetarians.
There are a few other types of SD (spotted, black bar, etc) but the two above are the ones that are readily available.

Ahh thanks. I knew what a silver dollar is just didn't think about it being abbreviated tht way lol. I didn't know there were different kinds tho.

Yeah there's a few out there. Certain ones, like the black bar SD, are pretty rare to find, and will be kind of expensive, but they make a great addition to a tank.

You could go with a BGK. I had one and it was the most peaceful fish in my tank. They grow to be about 25". They have a great personality as well.

Severums are usually ok if you keep one singly...won't get 12" but maybe 8ish. They look nice too. If you have live plants, I would skip Severums...they like to destroy plants sometimes.

Remember that most of these fish being suggested are very peacful and grow large but are predatory in the fact that if a fish can fit in there mouth they might just have it for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom