Moving house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt869

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
I'm in the middle of moving house to a place with no carpets. I have to take my carpets up tonight and they are getting laid tomorrow afternoon in the new house, hence why I can't just move my tank. I have a friends tank where I can keep my fish tonight. My question is, if I take water out of the tanks and put into sealed containers, will it still be good water by no later than this time tomorrow when I can put my tank in the new house?

Any other advice. I have buckets I can place my filters into thou don't think it would be possible to run them. Theres not much room for a filter in my friends Tank and at least one is too powerful.

Cheers
Matt

I don't know that preserving the water will give you the greatest benefit -- as the beneficial bacteria generally don't reside there. I've never had to move a tank, so cannot speak from experience -- but can you set up a tote with your substrate, decorations and filter(s) to keep the fish in instead of moving them into a friend's tank? This may help preserve the beneficial bacteria during the move.

Perhaps others with much more experience than yours truly will weigh in here, but in the meantime, there's an article on this site on the subject that may be helpful if you haven't yet read it.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/moving-your-fresh-water-aquarium/

Best!

Back
Top Bottom